Now onto the year in review (which I completely stole from Megan by the way).
1. What did you do in 2008 that you've never done before?
become a mom to 2 (TWO) kids...it was a huge change for me
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolution and will you make more next year?
I don't remember what last year's resolution was. LOL I know that I did want to accept the changes that were coming with grace and I think I did that. It wasn't nearly as tough as I thought it would be (thanks to Zoloft, bottle feeding, awesome family and friends).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Um, me. =) My cousin's wife.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my Aunt Becky lost her battle with cancer. But she put up one heck of a fight!
5. What countries did you visit?
USA =) (We went to Tennessee and Florida - and drove through Georgia.)
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
more time in a day
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched on your memory and why?
March 30 - Jackson was born
April 1 - Becky passed away
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Jackson, having my first professional photoshoot
9. What was your biggest failure?
not being as attentive a wife as I should be
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
does a c-section count?
11. What was the best thing that you bought?
again, Jackson (medical bills count right?); if they don't then I'll say my laptop
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Dylan was amazing in the transition from being the only child to big brother, hubby was (and still is) awesome at helping with the kids so I could get a break and he's been amazingly supportive during my foray into the professional photograhy world
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Um, celebrities, politicians, sports figures.
14. Where did most of your money go?
LOL To Paulette's store. Seriously, gas and food and medical bills.
15. What did you get really really really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Love Story by Taylor Swift
17. Compared to this time last year are you?
- happier or sadder - happier (no longer pregnant!!!)
- thinner or fatter - thinner (again, no pregnancy)
- richer or poorer - richer (I think)
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
spent more time with my husband
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
computer/internet - it felt like I lived on it in December
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We spent Christmas morning at home with our boys and then went to my mom's house for lunch and relaxation that afternoon and then we came back home for the evening. It was a nice, calm day.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Twice...once with my husband. Just watching him with our son when we were in the hospital made me swoon. Second, with my newest little guy - he's such a sweet happy baby.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Hmmm....TV really stinks this year for me so it's hard to say. The only show I really look forward to anymore is West Wing reruns. LOL
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. There are some people I wish I hadn't heard of this year and some people that I wish would grow up but there isn't anyone that I hate.
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'm so not a music person but my favorite artist right now is Taylor Swift.
26. What did you want and get?
I got a fourth member of our family. =) And I got a laptop. The two don't even compare, though.
27. What did you want and not get?
2009 Honda Odyssey (came really close but it just didn't happen)
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Twilight! (I think the only film I saw at the movie theater. LOL)
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29 (eek!) and I honestly don't remember what I did on my birthday. Sad, huh?
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my aunt had beaten her cancer and the economic environment in this country wasn't so unstable.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
"Personal fashion concept?" Does that exist? I'm just happy to be permanently out of maternity clothes!
32. What kept you sane?
Tuesday breakfasts with Lelia (and sometimes Wednesdays and Thursdays too), Zoloft, my kid's smiles, a glass of wine at bedtime, scrapbooking
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I wasn't so much as stirred but just REALLY annoyed. I got very tired of hearing about the Presidential campaigns and candidates. It annoys me that a war in Iraq and a (could've seen it coming a million miles away) bad economy were used to win an election.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Easy. That little man at the top of this post. =)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
Appreciate what you've got and how hard you've worked for it.
38. What is one thing you said this year that you never thought you'd say?
"Yes, I'm a professional photographer. Here's my card."
"I might think about having another baby...one day." Said by hubby and has since been completely vetoed by me!
40. What do you anticipate will be the biggest change in your life in 2009?
My baby (the 4 yeard old one) will start Kindergarten!! I'm sooo not ready for him to be gone all day to the "big school."