December 6, 2008

christmas fun

Ok, I normally don't do these type of posts but I saw this on Gretchen's blog and thought it was cute.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. Although I try to use paper for kid's gifts - they love to tear open the wrapping. =)
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I don't like the smell of a real tree. Plus, the needles everywhere...yuck!
3. When do you put up the tree? A week or two before Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? It depends - sometimes the day after Christmas and sometimes a week or two later. It just depends on how tired I am and when I have time.
5. Do you like eggnog? Ugh, Yack, Nasty....simply put "no".
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm.....stereo? I honestly can't remember any specific presents...sorry Mom! I do remember that my Mom was always really awesome at getting presents that we wanted even if we didn't know we wanted them. My favorite gifts from my childhood that I now have are my Christmas ornaments...I have one for each Christmas of my life and I love hanging them on the tree every year. It's a tradition I do with my own kids and Dylan has enjoyed it so far. =)
7. Hardest person to buy for? My mom. She buys everything she wants.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Dylan. The kid wants EVERYTHING!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. It's very cute!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both...I'll mail out some of my custom cards and then e-mail out the image the day before Christmas.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmm...can't think of anything.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I see things on clearance that people might want. Yes, I'm cheap! LOL
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope...I have returned things though. =)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's christmas cookies!! Yum!!
16. Lights on the tree? Duh! White lights that don't blink although I want to try to get ours to blink this year because I think Jackson would enjoy them.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Mary, Did you Know? (it always gives me chills!)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? stay home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Vixen, Rudolph, Cupid, Prancer, .... that's all I can remember right now
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Bow on one tree and nothing on the other tree. Guess I need to get on that, huh?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve and the rest the next morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Entirely too much going on.
23. What theme or color are you using? One tree is decorated in blue and silver and the other tree is red and gree.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? My stepdad's fried turkey, my mom's sweet potato casserole, and above-mentioned chocolate chip cookies.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Well, I've already gotten my present (a new laptop!) but in case anyone's still shopping I'd like some new non-stick skillets (fun, huh?), some new pajama pants (mine are so worn you can see through them!), a card reader for my laptop so I can get pictures onto my new computer easily, this lens (yes, I'm dreaming here!), and a girls' weekend away full of scrapping, shopping and chatting.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin