June 30, 2006

Why do I Scrapbook?

A lot of people ask me why I scrapbook. When I say "a lot of people" I'm talking family members and mainly, my husband. I've never considered myself a creative person, but I supposed I've always been a "closet" creator. As a teacher, I was always having to come up with creative strategies to get kids to learn and as a mother you have to be even more creative. You mothers out there know what I'm talking about...getting them to eat, getting them to behave, getting them to sleep, I could go on and on. Scrapbooking is just another way for me to be creative. I get to take adorable pictures of my son and plan an entire page around them. Sometimes my "plan" comes out great and the page is wonderful and sometimes it doesn't. That's ok, too. That's the beauty of scrapbooking. If I don't like it, I can do it over! No harm, no foul. I hope to eventually post some of my layouts here. Of course I would have to get them uploaded first and that tends to take some time. Maybe tomorrow...or the next day....or the next.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin